THE SEBASTOPOL DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION
Make use of downtown business assessment funds for marketing, advertising, and beautification for the business improvement area.
Support a lively and abundant business and cultural environment for the Sebastopol community.
Promote, nurture and cultivate downtown vitality.
You are a member of the SDA if you own a Sebastopol business license and your business is located in the Sebastopol Assessment District shown on this map.
We reignited our group in 2011. Here is what we are working on and accomplishing:
- Created a new brand: As Historic Downtown Sebastopol , we encourage businesses to get in touch with their history and build their promotions around it.
- Created a new website with newsletter signup for membership circulation
- Circulating a monthly news blasts
- Celebrating the Apple Blossom Festival by involving local schools and the independent 4H club in decorating main street with large hand made flowers
- Bringing back the summer Sidewalk Sales
- Increasing holiday lighting with colored light orbs and storefront icicle lights
- Increasing holiday print and radio advertising
- Encouraging holiday street musicians for added atmosphere
- Awarding first, second and third prizes ($) for the most compelling holiday storefront designs
- Enjoying a Chamber of Commerce membership
- Supporting the Core Project
- Supporting Business Disaster Preparedness
- Promoting the Word Of The Month
- Supported the Tour de California and other bicycle tours
- Supporting the Annual Sebastopol Cajun-Zydeco Festival
- Supporting the Sebastopol Center for the Arts Independent Film Festival
- Established our non-profit status
In the works
- Year round building top border lighting starting with Main Street
- Increasing our our online presence with Facebook, website and email blasts