THE SEBASTOPOL DOWNTOWN ASSOCIATION
Make use of downtown business assessment funds for marketing, advertising, and beautification for the business improvement area.
Support a lively and abundant business and cultural environment for the Sebastopol community.
Promote, nurture and cultivate downtown vitality.
You are a member of the SDA if you own a Sebastopol business license and your business is located in the Sebastopol Assessment District shown on this map.
We reignited our group in 2011. Here is what we are working on and accomplishing:
- Created a new brand: As Historic Downtown Sebastopol , we encourage businesses to get in touch with their history and build their promotions around it.
- Created a new website with newsletter signup for membership circulation
- Circulating a monthly news blasts
- Celebrating the Apple Blossom Festival with large hand made flowers
- Promoting an Annual Sidewalk Faire
- Increasing holiday lighting with colored light orbs and storefront icicle lights
- Increasing holiday print and radio advertising
- Encouraging holiday street musicians for added atmosphere
- Awarding first, second and third prizes ($) for the most compelling holiday storefront designs
- Enjoying a Chamber of Commerce membership
- Supporting the Core Project
- Supporting Business Disaster Preparedness
- Supported the Tour de California and other bicycle tours
- Supporting the Annual Sebastopol Cajun-Zydeco Festival
- Supporting the Sebastopol Center for the Arts Independent Film Festival
- Supporting the Annual 3rd of July Celebration & Fireworks put on by the Sebastopol Kiwanis
- Established our non-profit status as a 501 c (6)
In the works